Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lexus IS Overview

It's not every day you get thrown the keys to a one-off demonstration car, but that is precisely what happened to me on my last visit to Kazama Auto.
Lexus IS
Lexus IS

Lexus IS
Lexus IS




Lexus IS
Lexus IS

Lexus IS
Lexus IS

Lexus IS
Lexus IS

Lexus IS
Lexus IS

Lexus IS
Lexus IS

Lexus IS
Lexus IS

Lexus IS
Lexus IS


I was just there to grab some shots of the wild Lexus IS350 that Kazama-san built for last year's Tokyo Auto Salon, but little did I know I would come away from this particular shoot with a silly grin on my face...a grin that lasted for days! I remember vividly when my expression changed. As I slowly drove around the Saitama-ken countryside desperately looking for a cool location to shoot the car, I suddenly found myself on a deserted stretch of straight road. I thought, what the heck, I might as well see if this thing goes as well at is looks...and boy was I in for a surprise. Within a split second of stepping on the gas the turbine had mustered up full boost in second gear and the rear tires instantly lit up, as I shot down the road sideways. I grabbed third and the huge 20-inch rear GoodYears eventually managed to offer some grip, the savage acceleration accompanied by an ear-piercing scream from the external wastegate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment